SulfaCleanse™ 8/4 is indicated for the topical control of acne vulgaris, acne rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.
Important Safety Information
- SulfaCleanse™ 8/4 is contraindicated for use by patients having known hypersensitivity to sulfonamides, sulfur or any other component of this preparation. SulfaCleanse™ 8/4 is not to be used by patients with kidney disease.
- Although rare, sensitivity to sodium sulfacetamide may occur. Therefore, caution and careful supervision should be observed when prescribing this drug for patients who may be prone to hypersensitivity to topical sulfonamides. Systemic toxic reactions such as agranulocytosis, acute hemolytic anemia, purpura hemorrhagica, drug fever, jaundice, and contact dermatitis indicate hypersensitivity to sulfonamides. Particular caution should be employed if areas of denuded or abraded skin are involved.
- If irritation develops, use of the product should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted.
- Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids, lips and mucous membranes. If accidental contact occurs, rinse with water. If excessive irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Although rare, sodium sulfacetamide may cause local irritation.
For additional safety and other information, including Patient Information, please see Full Prescribing Information. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.