Ciclopirox gel, 0.77% is indicated for the topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in adults.
Important Safety Information
- If the condition does not improve after 4 weeks of treatment, please see your doctor, as the diagnosis of seborrheic dermatitis should be reviewed.
- Ciclopirox gel, 0.77% should not be used by people who have allergies or are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
- The most common side effects are itching, burning, redness, seborrhea, and rash. If you experience a reaction or sensitivity to ciclopirox gel, 0.77%, stop use of the product and contact your doctor for the appropriate treatment response. Avoid getting the product in your eyes—if contact does occur, rinse thoroughly with water.
- While seborrheic dermatitis may appear at puberty, the safety and effectiveness of ciclopirox gel, 0.77% has not been established in patients younger than 16 years.
- The safe and effective use of ciclopirox gel, 0.77% in patients who have a history of immune system deficiencies or who have nerve disorders caused by diabetes has not been established.
For additional safety and other information, including Patient Information, please see Full Prescribing Information. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.